Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday RoundUp

I had NO pictures to share today, so I just pulled this photo from my summer collection. I call it: Tomatoes in a Basket. Enjoy.
Just some rambling: This busy weekend is winding down. Breakfast today: Mickey Mouse Pancakes & Chocolate Milk. Dinner: Misc. Leftovers. Now: Football in the background, children slumbering in their beds in nice warm footy pajamas...most of my dishes are done..I am just finishing up a few minor projects and then will grab a book (The Shack) to read under a heavy blanket. Isabelle was quite the party girl this weekend, with two birthday parties to attend on Saturday, It just melts my heart to see how excited & sweet these little girls are at these parties. Today, Isabelle and I spent some alone time together (daddy and Ben free). We went to JC Penney and I picked out a beautiful black dress that I just love for an upcoming holiday formal type event for Noah's work and Isabelle picked out a fuzzy pink sweater with a butterfly clip on it for school. Then we went grocery shopping in which she asked for every single thing that they sold in the store. Each time I would remind her that she just got a sweater and she would say oh yeah. Well maybe Santa will get me this/that etc. She was quite concerned that there would be no Wall-E movies left when Santa got around to it. (quite frankly I don't think she even really liked that movie all that much when she saw it in the theatre). I am not a pop drinker. But, on occasion, I get a desire for a soda. hehe - well I came across something that looked delightful and festive: Sierra Mist with Cranberry Splash. I must say this is a good drink, I recommend it if you are looking for something different. Well I am freeeeezzzing and tired, so I better get going. We are looking forward to a visit tomorrow from our very special friends from Minnesota. I can't wait! For this evening, I will leave you with a highly approved and recommended recipe that I recently tried. I loved it, Noah loved it, Ben loved it. Isabelle liked the corn bread part. hehe - Thanks to my friend Sarah P. for sharing this delight with us! Here it goes, give it a try sometime, you won't be disappointed!
COWBOY BAKE
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tbs olive oil
1 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed
1 10 0z can tomatoes
(hey my photo above somewhat relates after all!)
1 cup frozen corn kernels
Pinch chili powder
cooking spray
1/2 tsp salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 cup grated Monterey hack cheese
FOR Topping: 1 8.5oz package of corn muffin mix
1. Preheat over to 350. Coat a 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes.
2. Add chicken and brown, then add tomatoes, corn , chili powder, salt and pepper to skillet for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into the pie pan, and top with grated cheese.
3. In a mixing bowl, prepare muffin mix according to package directions. Spread evenly over chicken mixture, and bake for 30 minutes, or until corn muffin topping is lightly browned and filling is bubbling.
The EnD & GooD NighT!

No comments: