Saturday, November 15, 2008

Little Things

Happy Saturday! I wanted to share with you, a little journal type book that I have been making. I had gotten the idea from a book written by scrapbooker/life artist -Ali Edwards. I made this book 4x6. The covers are made from chipboard, covered with patterned paper. The binding is binder rings. The inside includes A-Z index dividers.
The basic concept of this book is to be a place to collect the little things that matter. The details of our lives. The simple things. Memories and tidbits. Scraps & Odds and Ends. I haven't gotten very far with my book yet, but I wanted to show you a few of my pages. Additional to whats shown to give you an idea of what can be included: scraps of papers, notes, receipts, recipes, postcards, lists, tags, labels..doodles, journaling, pictures, anything you can think of! Just punch some holes and add it to the book.
This is an ongoing project. My book sits right on my desk, next to my computer. I don't have much in it yet, but already it is so fun to look through! It serves as a reminder of the little, simple, yet important things. It's kind of an encyclopedia of an ordinary life! I love this concept, so I wanted to share!
This is a drawing that Isabelle made for me. I cut it down to size and added it under the A section for art. It makes me smile.

This is a photo of my friend Sally. I put her under S for sally, but she could just as easily go under F for friend/friendship!

This is a picture of a popcorn snack that I found one day in the dollhouse. This makes me smile because it makes me think of the mischievousness and fun of Ben. I placed this under U for unexpected discoveries!

This is a treat bag from the kids trick or treating this year. It was such a joy to share this experience with them. When I think about them in their costumes and wandering up to the doors and running to the next with such excitement....it brings nothing but a happiness to my heart.
So anyway, these are examples of some of things that you could include! The possibilities are endless! Anything goes! I hope you give it a try!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this idea very much. Will have to give it a try. You have such a gift. Mine will probably be no wheres near as beautiful or creative as yours, so I hope you don't mind if I steal your design. Love, Aunt Chris