Saturday, April 09, 2011

Singing in the Rain

This is a clipboard that I am working on. I need to finish painting details and maybe add a fun quote. If this turns out, I hope to make them for teacher gifts for the end of the school year.
A Magical Fairy
This is a painting that I created for a silent auction fundraiser at school. I got the orginal idea online and changed it up a bit. It is Acrylic paint on 16x20 stretched canvas.
This is a happy messy baby eating a cookie.
Here is a recent pic of the trio of trouble.

It's hard to breathe. My lungs hurt... I believe even my heart hurts. I slide open the window and the damp air wraps around me like a blanket. I look through the kid smudged window pane to witness my empty bird feeders. The squirrels have concured them once again. I inhale the dirt and grass. I turn the music off and I listen to the evening earth. I watch the beautiful baby play. Just her and I. The others are out for dinner. So, I provide my full attention to her abilities and her spirit. She is wonderous in evey single way. The light in her eyes, the grasp of her pudgy little hand, her easy laughter. What a delight. I don't do this enough. I don't sit and realize how amazing the gifts in my life truly are. I need to slow down and not worry about getting things done so much. This baby is growig so fast, they all are.

-----------------------------

*I overheard Isabelle tell my mom yesterday, that she thinks she grew , because for some reason she "feels taller today".

*My parents and I have begun video calls on the computer with the kids. I see my dad clapping and my baby Olivia clapping back in response. They are both smiling at eachother and filled with joy. Over the distance of time and space, they connect and I think this is just amazing. Sometimes I get so scared and nervous about the fast pace and things that technology takes away. But, then something like this...this is WOW.

*It's not a school day so of course the kids are up early - Soccer, they both yell! I am thinking they are liking it.

*I am so tired of being sick. I keep thinking about all the things I will do when Im well. I am waiting for the sun to come out. I believe that will heal me instantly. I want us all to be well so we can enjoy this season. I think we have gone through a truck load of kleenex this winter.

*Ben has brought a duck & journal home from school. We are supposed to record their adventures together this weekend. We should probably bring Quackers to Ben's soccer game. So far we have read Quackers 2 books regarding ducks: Little Quacks Bedtime and Find The Duck.

*Wishing my family & friends, a beautiful Saturday of Health, Sunshine, Laughter and maybe a little Technology. :)

No comments: