Saturday, January 22, 2011

Up before the Rooster

Here is a fun painting I finally got to finish (started it months ago, put it away...brought it out again...hehe). It is probably hard to see from the picture, but there is glitter on her wings. I love how this little fairy turned out. It is a 8x10 - flat canvas (verses stretched canvas), acrylic.
Here is our bathroom after it was ripped apart. It has been a busy and cold week, so new drywall is up, but taping and painting still needs to happen, then tiling floor and shower and wall and installation of fixtures...and more plumbing...so we still have a ways to go.

It's always nice to see a Woody wiz past you on a remote control car. boys. Speaking of Woody, whom Ben drags around everywhere with him, drops him in the slush, hangs him from the shopping cart, sleeps with him...etc... well, he just got a new bedding set. Aunt Mary is here for the weekend and Ben talked her into making custom blankets and pillows for Woody and Buzz. They are sleeping very comfortably in this freezing weather.

Isabelle and Ben love to listen to the book that Grandma recorded for them as a Christmas Present. The story is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, it is a recordable Hallmark book in which my mom reads the story to the kids. It is awesome and they love it!

Sure, don't let this adorable, sweet , calm little peaceful baby fool you. This little girl, kept me up half the night, I have no clue why and forced me to be up by 6a.m. (on a Saturday mind you!). I had to get up, I had no choice. She has been a pistol all morning (yes, I can say pistol cuz shes my little puddle duck). So anyway, let's just say, I would have seen the sun rise if it ever came out this a.m. I've had one cup of coffee and I guess it is just not enough. Good news is this should mostly be a non requirement day at home. It's snowing again and freezing, but we plan just to be at home and take the day as it comes. Have a few fun surprises (activities) planned for the kids today. I am hoping to get a few personal things done, but my expectations are not set super high. This weekend I plan on reading the book: Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. Only problem with this plan is that I really need to concentrate in quiet, to grasp and understand this subject...and I have a feeling it will be slightly loud here today. Wishing you a WaRm and BeAutiFul Saturday :).

No comments: