Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hawaiian Monk Seal

C is for Cookie and that is good enough for me! Just a reminder that Brownie Scout Isabelle is once again selling Girl Scout Cookies! (Family - be prepared...she may be making a phone call your way...hehe). She really wants to get to her goal of 1000 boxes for the Ipod touch, but I am seeing a prize of a nice t-shirt in her future.

So thankful that today is Saturday. It has been a lonnnnnnnnng week. Last night I was up with Olivia 3 times. That kid just can't cut me a break. hehe - I am a zombie thus far this morning. My coffee is bitter but I don't care. I just want some quiet time before my 3 little ducklings get up and start following me across the pond. Construction zone is full blast around here. Bathroom in the basement is about complete (mind you this is not a pretty bathroom, it is a functional place to take care of business and honestly at the moment it is a wonderful option rather then going out in the woods). I must be honest, I am getting sick of all the clutter, dust and noise, but I know it is for a good cause. It has been such a crazy week and next week is jam packed as well, so I'm thinking we won't be in the midst of it too much. I have been researching, planning and thinking about my decorative (murals, furniture, glass) and fine art (canvas)painting business non-stop....I am so excited. One step at a time, I know I have such limited time right now (those darn kids steal most of it, they are lucky they are cute) and I can only do what I can do, but I want to do it the right way so I am going very slow with the set up and expectations upon my self. I think I will make banana bread today. If I could save one endangered species from extintion this year, I think it would be the Hawaiian Monk Seal. I counted, there is only about 1,500 in the wild today. Isabelle told me the other day that she is very lucky because God gave her 2 talents! I asked, really what are your 2 talents? She proudly responds: Singing and Art! I couldn't help but smile (anyone who has heard Isabelle sing, would slightly question if that is truly one of her talents, hehe). That coffee was so bad, I think I may switch to tea. Chai that is. I suppose I have rambled enough for one moment in time. Have a beautiful day and may the best be yours!

No comments: