Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Coffee Table Chaos

A Summer Flower. :)
My Coffee Table this Sunday. - A wonderful example of the chaos of the 5 people living here. - And I wonder why it took all Monday to "straighten up" and I didn't even really get to the actual cleaning part. ugh, clutter and messes like this make me nuts, but it's something I have to just accept at times and let it be these days...at least for a little while. There is only so much time in the day. Once upon a time there was time....not so much anymore.
Garden Tomatoes
Vegetable Thief - will now be pushing up daisies courtesy of our German Shepherd.
Ben "The Ball Player"
**...**Random Musings **...**
Back to my Sunday Coffee Table...that kind of mess truly drives me crazy....but, I feel like that is a perfect representative of my days lately. They are not relaxing summer days (for me)...they feel kind of crazy, stressed, ovewhelmed, humid, unproductive....I just can't seem to get a handle on things like I truly desire to. I know I need to simplify and cut things out because there truly just is not enough time. I have to decide on my priorities, get organized and try to focus...but I am having a hard time doing that. I need to breathe. So, today is a new day. A fresh start. I know that I don't have to get all things done, but I need to get some. I know that I am in control of my day and I can set a plan and try my best to do what I can and what I can't that's o.k. too. I want to enjoy the rest of this season and most importantly, I want the kids to have a wonderful summer. I truly believe that they are, but I need to make sure that they keep getting what they need along with extra....meaning, I remember my childhood summers as almost feeling magical. The simple things like catching lightening bugs and chasing the ice cream truck, sleepovers and swimming, staying up late and exploring the great outdoors...oh Yes, I do believe in those childhood summers.
Home Front News: Our fish is still alive, I am planning a simple party for the kids birthdays. Must work on invites. I love that school supplies are out. One of very my favorite things to buy. I need to start planning the baby's baptism, hoping for October. Hope Isabelle's dress will fit Olivia at that point, but probably not. I am excited about the favors I am going to make for an upcoming family wedding shower. I miss Aunt Mary since she has been in reHab. Ben can write his name really well now. I rented "True Blood" first couple episodes in hopes that I get to watch it before it's due back. It looks rainy out. I love the rain. There's something comforting about it. I hope I can steal some time to do a little scrapbook or bookbinding/journal making somewhere in this day. k, the demands of the day are starting, wish me luck.

No comments: