Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A walk in the woods

Although it is my favorite season, with the busyness of our days, I sometimes forget to spend some time outside. Yesterday some friends and I , decided to take a usual get together in which we meet at the library, and meet in the woods instead. It was a beautiful day to be outside, enjoying God's gift of nature. This time spent together was simple, yet so filled with special moments.

Today, I could barely get through simple grocery shopping...I had to come home right away this morning. I had to forget my big plans to get certain things done today because I just felt so ill. I don't know why or where it came from. I've rested alot of today...yet - it still lingers. So Ben & I have just been bums at home today. I don't have to pick up Isabelle until about 5 since she has girl scouts today. I bought bone-in pork chops for dinner, I have no clue what I will do with them.

Outside my window I see yellow leaves blowing by. I am thinking about: there is so much I want to get done, but am finding a hard time getting organized and motivated lately. I am hearing Halloween Diego in the basement and Ben talking to the t.v., I am tasting Ice water (our filter needs to be changed), I should: take a shower, I am going to write a list when I get off of the computer, I am reading nothing at the moment, just can't seem to concentrate...I am hoping that I soon find some answers and directions through prayer, ...I don't think taffy apples are as good as they used to be when I was a kid...I am thankful for: some peaceful time to try and feel better and figure out what I need to do...I wonder when we will carve our pumpkins.

No comments: