Thursday, June 09, 2011

Art Day in the (red) Hood

 Something I truly have a fond interest in is:  Fairy Tales.  These enchanting, mysterious stories leave so much to the imagination and create magical worlds of endless possibilities (kids are currently having sword fights with their cereal spoons around me, so I currently apologize for thoughts and words that may not connect, but honestly this is how my brain functions most of the time...well unless they are at school or sleeping).  So anyWho, I have been wanting to create a red riding hood painting for a while.  I gathered some different ideas and incorporated my own and wolah.  I really am happy with how this painting turned out.  There is some unknown as we look deep into the woods.  The wolf...is he howling at the moon?  Is he looking at the moon...is he looking at little red?  Where do his legs end and start...or are those trees?   What is hood thinking?  Is she frozen in fear?  Is she intrigued?  Has she made it to her grandmothers house or on her way home or has she just begun her journey?  What's in her basket? Does she know how to bake?   Does she have a scones recipe she can share with me?  What about that bird?  I made the bird all white at first...but it felt "right" to add some red.  Is it a simple of hope?  Is it a messenger?  A guardian angel?  Just a spectator?  Who knows what takes place in the woods...
 Below is a fairy or Gnome house rock that I have started to paint (not finished yet).  It's hard to paint on a rock.  (get it, hard? I know...).
 Below are my children, so excited that I announced it was once again:  ART DAY.   Once in awhile, I get brave and I plan a day for us to get creative and messy.  Yes, I had to wash paint off of the floor and wall...but for the most part it was a good productive project day.  The kids kept saying how much fun it was, so I think well worth it in the end.  (despite Olivia dipping her hands in a whole paint tray when noone was looking).
 Below:  We even incorporated Ice Cream Cones into this special day.  (well, really what choice did I have?  At the denist office, they got free coupons for being good patients...)
So, who knows what today will bring?  We slept very late.  Although everything is wet from the storms, it looks like the sun is peaking through.  I already saw a hummingbird this a.m. even though I have no food in the feeder.  It came anyway.  Isabelle has a playdate scheduled for today.  So Ben and I may do more art before I clean it up.  Laundry is piled to the ceiling and I don't care.  I think I will make vegetable pizza again today (made it the other day and it was a big hit).  I enjoyed the movie:  The Kings Speech.  I am liking the show:  Master Chef and I always enjoy Kitchen Nightmares.  When I can't sleep, I watch these shows.  Why is it when I really want to find a magazine, I am in a magazine mood, that I cannot find any?  Better get my broom out, Olivia is done with her breakfast.  Isabelle is listening to Taylor Swift and making friendship bracelets...Ben is looking for something else to paint.  I must get this circus act together.  Have a beautiful day!

No comments: