Wednesday, February 02, 2011

In the Midst of a Storm

My beautiful happy baby. The most exciting thing happened this past week (not captured on film yet), Miss Olivia has begun clapping! It's so adorable, I could watch her clap all day. Even better news...she has slept two nights in a row...I hope we are starting a new trend here!
My winter birds.
A glance at our bathroom thus far. Still there needs to be some finishing detail work done, sealing, painting trim, etc...but for the most part it is done. I can offically take a shower today, I cannot wait! Since I couldnt find a black & white shower curtain that I absoutley love, we just went with a plain white one for now. This room turned out so nice. The best part besides having a toliet that actually flushes is the tall cabinet/pantry we now have (can't see in pic), that will store all the bathroom necessities. Yay!!!

Speaking of baths and such...my baby rarely likes hers. It is usually an unpleasant and quick experience for all involved.
Other thoughts at this time:
Snow day today - blizzard conditions - no school, no work. Looking outside at the moment, the windows are crazy. Thankful for a day at home with heat, electricity - etc. Praying for those who need protection from the storm or who have lost the basic neccesitites with outages, etc. Praying for saftey on the roads for whoever has to be out there. Other stuff: Isabelle was very disappointed not to win a cake from the raffle at school yesterday (teachers made cakes, the kids bought ticket, cute idea!). I told her once our oven is fixed, we will bake something special. Last week the repair guy was out and had to order a part...so we are waiting and just using stove top and crock pot for now. I stopped in a pet store the other day...I suddenly had this inkling...to get a bird for inside the house! I checked out all the options, costs, etc and I really wanted to bring one home, but I figured I better not. Maybe in the future, but now is not the the time. :(. So, I will have to wait for all my dreams to come true. Speaking of Dreams, I have been doing a lot of painting lately. It has been so lovely. The kids keep watching Despicable Me. Cute Movie. Made some new recipes for dinner lately. Beef Goulash from Cooking light (recipe website), it was excellent, very tender. Also from that site: Pork Vegetable Stir-Fry - It was good, but I don't know if it was worth all the work involved (lots of ingredients and chopping & grating and thinking and time). I also made something the Aunts have been making and raving about: Boneless Pork Chops in the crock pot with apples and sauerkraut (and onions and a little brown sugar). I am not a big fan of sauerkraut, but it was very good. We have been drinking alot of tea and hot chocolate in front of the fireplace around here lately. I guess that is one of the best ways to pass the winter moments. I suppose this has been enough ramblings for now...nothing of major discussion, just me here - doing what I do. Oh, wow! Those are giant snowflakes dancing past the window and I see at least 7 bright red cardinals outside right now. good day.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

That bathroom is RI-DONKULOUS!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!!!!!