Friday, August 27, 2010

stealing a few...

moments as Olivia finally went down for a nap and I don't have to pick Isabelle and Ben up from school yet. It is amazing how good a shower feels after you have really earned one. There are only 2 fresh farm eggs left in my house...just enough to make a meatloafish type dinner tonight. Sure you are thinking...it's not really meatloaf season at the moment is it? Well, it is for me since I have all the right ingredients and there is no way I am trucking to the store for anything else. If it was up to me, I would have a bowl of cherrios (honey nut), but it's my job to feed these people and they may be expecting a little more. Of course, I would have to find my kitchen counters first, before I could whip up the evening meal...yes, my kitchen is that big of a unorganized disaster at the moment. oh well, that will change soon...and then it will be messed again. I am so excited about something I bought for Olivia today (at Kmart), it is a fun mirror that goes in the crib or stands on its own and she LOVE LOVE LOVES it. She giggles and talks to herself. So, good call on my part. The only reason I bought it today was because it was NOT on sale. If that doesnt make sense let me explain. Everytime Ive thought about getting this mirror it has been on a buy one item and get a second item half off.....well...I didnt want a second item around equal value so I refused to buy it. It just ticked me off. I was not going to be forced to buy a second item. So there. Yes, I paid full price, but I did not buy something extra that I didn't want just because they offered it that way so there. ugh, pretty soon I will have to find my shoes and hopefully not wake the baby as I transfer her to the bus (what the kids call my vehicle). It is not yellow if you were wondering. I wish I could take a nap to be quite honest, but it's not in the cards for me today, as willy wonka once said, too much time, too little to do, scratch that, reverse. oh and as fate would have it, I hear the call of the wild already....so I guess I don't have to worry about waking her. Happy Friday!

No comments: