Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chicken Run

(a photo of some chickens on a friend's farm)
A journey of a thousand miles, starts with a single step...and that is how I am feeling lately. There is so much that I want to accomplish and this is just the beginning of many things and I know that I have to be patient and take things one day at a time, one step at a time. Eventually, some day, some how...I'll get there. Each day seems to escape so quickly without most of my list done, but at least I knock a few things off it and at least that is something. My throat is killing me. I don't know if it's seasonal allergies or what...but, I couldn't even read to the kids last night. Yesterday I tried a cardio kickboxing class at the gym and it was hard, but good. I'm sort of afraid to go back, but I just might. This morning I did the treadmill. Now, I can move on with the rest of my day :). Last night I told Ben he couldn't leave the table without eating his brussels sprouts and I felt like a true mom. hehe. I keep secretly wishing that the fish would die, so I would have more counter space. Ben came into our room in the middle of the night and told me that he couldn't sleep in his bed because a baby chicken kept biting his feet, so I let him sleep in our bed...I was too tired to debate that one. Last night as Isabelle was doing her homework and having major pencil problems we got on the subject of where pencils came from. Isabelle said she knows paper is from trees so where are pencils from? Ben answered: God makes the pencils, duh! I'm tired, maybe I can talk Ben and Olivia into taking a nap...just maybe.

No comments: