Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tis the Season

"Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each." - Henry David Thoreau
Magical Snack Mix

Is there a Reindeer In the House?

I stoled the quote above from my Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea Box. Sometimes I question whether I truly buy the tea because I enjoy the chamomile, spearmint, etc mixture or is it because the box brings me such comfort. Always a lovely quote and the picture of the bear (not beer) sitting in his pajamas and night cap in front of a roaring fireplace. I just want to become part of the picture.

Winter has just offically begun yet it has brutally attacked us so far this season. Although I try to embrace the season, I have to admit this weather really gets me down at times. The house has been cold. Traveling has not been easy. Ive been stuck out of my car, I have slipped on the ice and hit my head...but overall I am trying to focus on the peace and the beauty of the nature that God has created. There truly is something magical about this winter wonderland (well, the parts that the dog does not pee on anyway).

Although our count down santa calendar has left only one cotton ball (for the beard) and one red nose to put on, I have no presents wrapped for the kids yet, I just sent out most of my cards, I haven't finished my peanut butter balls...but that's o.k. There is so much going on, life is crazy..and our paths are covered in snow and ice...but at the end of each day, if we can settle down, get warm...relax...all together get under the blankets on the couch and watch a Christmas show together...then maybe we are o.k. after all.

Well, I think I have done enough rambling for one period of time. So for now I bid you, Good Health, True Warmth and a Heart full of JOLLY.

No comments: