Monday, April 30, 2007

Hair Today, Gone tomorrow.

I got my hair cut. Short. Shorter then I can remember ever getting it. I couldn't stand the length any longer. Every day recently, I would throw it in a pony tail and off I went into the world. So, Ive been researching shorter hairstyles and I have always loved Mariska Hagerty's (olivia benson, law and order svu) hair when it was short and flippy. Stylish..Cool and Cute, all in one. So, that's the style I went for. Not sure how close my hair cut is to what style that I intended to replica. I mean, I don't have the fan's blowing on it making it look cool like she does in the commercials and such. I think I need time to accept my new hair as I am currently having hair cutters remorse. I'm not sure how to style it or what products to use. I just wanted something simple, that I didn't think need to think about, but now I feel like I am thinking about it and messing with it more. I see all these longer styles now and I think, that could have been me. It didn't help when I came home from my hair cut and Isabelle looked petrified and asked me to get my hair back. I tried to put it up the other day and I couldn't and got a little sad. I needed a change and this felt like a good change for me. I think it will be good. I just have to get used to it. I must admit it's easier to wash and its kind of fun in a funky kind of way. I have to give it time and see what I can do with it. The photo I provided is not the best to highlight it's features and options ( its all flat and weird from the wind and elements of the great outdoors), but it gives the idea. I guess the point of my little pondering is that...I may never be satisfied with the hair that I choose at the time...but I can keep trying until I get it right. I need to let go of what's gone. It's a little too short now for my liking...but maybe I have to give it more of a chance. Maybe I will learn that I do like it and maybe even love it ...and if not...it will grow... it is hair after all.

No comments: