Friday, September 04, 2009

Garden Tomatoes

So, I must say that this photo is a lie. Well, not really a lie, but misleading. While it is true that these are indeed our homegrown tomatoes....they are not this years tomatoes, but last. Laziness took over me as I realized, I don't have any new photos to share so I wandered around the oldies but goodies and found this gem. I think it serves the purpose and the intention of displaying garden tomatoes, so I would think it would pass as an o.k. thing to do in your book...so here I am, showing you an old photo, let's just pretend it's new.

My favorite produce from the garden, besides snap peas..oh and acorn squash....and pumpkins when we got them (not this year). We do many things with tomatoes, but unlike my amazing and talented friends, I do not CAN. Canning is not for me, not right now anyway. We make sauces, salsa, freeze them ,fry them, bake them, salad them...but my favorite way of all to enjoy these beautiful globes....is to slice them, sprinkle them with a dash of salt and pepper serve them with cottage cheese. <-- the perfect dish. Just my two abe lincolns.

Currently the family is asleep and I am drinking hot chocolate. I feel a cold coming on and I am not too happy about that at all. I am looking forward to this holiday weekend. I have goals of sleeping and crafting hopefully. I really want to make something. anything. It might be softies (stuffed dolls), it might be scrapbooking, it might be something completely different... I might actually get my canvas and paints out this weekend, who knows!

The kids are loving school, but I can tell Isabelle gets quite tired. It is a long day for her. We had parent night the kids school last night and that was very inspiring. Such a good & positive atmosphere to be embraced. I am so excited for this school year.

With Labor Day weekend upon us, I shall leave you with a quote that I enjoy: "Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But, other times it is essential to take time off and make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow" - Douglas Pagels, These are the gifts that I would like to give you.

No comments: