Monday, July 20, 2009

Let's go to the FAIR





The County Fair rolled into town in the usual fashion. I wasn't really planning on going this year. I can take it or leave it was my feeling. But, the kids got wind of this event...so we kind of had to make a stop. My parents were out for a visit and we truly had fun on this very COLD july day. Treats, Rides, Prizes,etc. Where else can you go to see a purple dog or witness your son almost squeezing a baby-chick to it's final breathing moments? The saddest part of the day was when Ben's balloon flew away...and his out reached arms tried desperately to get it back. The best treat (for me) was the roasted pecans. Isabelle's big dream came true: cotton candy. Other moments included a guy throwing up in a garbage can right in front of us, an instant headache I received from the tilt o whirl..greeting lots of friends, stroking the animals, looking at blue ribbons.... it was a super day...although, those carney folk sure do frighten me a bit.

No comments: