Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pouting just a little bit.

 Such a time as this...lightening bugs have arrived.  Evening veils and little bare feet run across the dewy grass, capturing these magical flying sparks...  Summer has officially arrived. :)
 Ben had a plan.  He insisted that I make him a Ninja turtle mask.  One ribbon and some scissors later and all of this little boys dreams came true. 
 Beautiful little girls in summer dresses.  Isabelle got a recent hair cut with "layers" her dream.  (wow, am I making dreams come true around here or what?)  I think she viewed herself in the mirror for 8 hours straight , trying different styles and singing....
 Right now, I forget why this little baby was so sad...but I am in sure it had something to do with not getting her way. hehe
 The Children of the Garden.  These people just love picking and eating snap peas.
 Baby girl playing with water bowls that I set up for her on the deck.  Kept her happy and busy forever.  Who needs toys?  Between bowls and boxes lately, we are just thrilled to the moon.
Watermelon, Cucumber, Mint & a few other ingredients Salad.
I have made this salad twice since summer has begun and we absolutely love it.  Its refreshing , healthy and so easy to make.  Sometimes, I think about things that I miss from our meals (breads, pastas, etc) since we have started eating more Paleo, and I get a little sad...but then I think, about all the new , exciting and awesome ingredients and meals that I have discovered since we started this.  It feels good to eat these things and there are so many flavors that I have never even thought of before.  I am enjoying cooking (although I must admit that it takes longer than I would personally like but I try to enjoy the experience with either music, or a glass a wine, including the kids in the prep process so they are excited and learning as well).  I also imagine once I have a dishwasher (and maybe a food processor), this whole thing will get easier as well.  There are so many amazing foods and herbs out there that I love incorporating into meals:  coconut milk, ginger root, raw honey, cumin, mint, leeks....  Other thoughts of the moment:  I started my first SPIN (stationary bike) class at the Y yesterday.  A girlfriend of mine instructs it and I have been wanting to try it and finally scheduling, kids and the universe have all come into sync so that I may experience this class.   It was fun!  I look forward to the next one.  Nothing like exercising to the YMCA song while you are actually at the YMCA. hehe.   House News:  So, I am pouting just a little bit, feeling kind of disappointed, angry, frustrated, annoyed.... the closing for our new house has been delayed for a few days.   It is only a few days and I know in the big picture, in the big scheme of things that it is truly no big deal to wait a few more days additional to the original plan, but...we have been doing a count down...and constantly so anticipate starting the process of the next chapter of our lives....and to be put on hold a little bit longer and adding days to what we already counted down....I just can't help but pout a little bit.  It's not like I don't have enough to do to keep me busy in the meantime and I know it will be here before we know it so I just need to wrap my brain cells around that knowledge.  I should immerse myself back into the packing process.  I got overloaded stepped back and now must get back into the right mode.  I am really missing painting.  I want to go to the storage unit, rip open my supply boxes and just whip up a painting or two....but I know that would be totally counter productive to what I am trying to accomplish here.  My camera lightening is not working properly, either my pictures are coming out too light or too dark so sorry if my pictures are not up to par these days.  I am wondreing if it's something fixable, I hope so.  I am so loving the goats milk soaps that we have gotten from the farmers market.  I can't wait to start making my own soaps (probalby in the fall).  I am loving the song:  Sing Out by Cat Stevens.  How did I not KNOW this song before?   Well, I have rambled enough for one sitting....Hope All Is Well in Your Neck of the Giraffe.  Until our paths cross again , may your leaves be plentiful and your Sun be Shiny. :)

No comments: