Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happy 8 Isabelle

 This Sunday we celebrated beautiful Isabelle and her arrival of the number 8.  I cannot believe that my daughter is 8.  So bittersweet.  I know I have no choice but to let her grow older, but I wish she would at least slow down a little bit.  I blink and she is on her next step and I am not ready, but I have to be.  We decided not to have any "kid" parties this year, but we still made her birthday very special.  As usual, she was spoiled and loved to pieces by so many treasured people.  We are blessed.
 I love this photo of Isabelle with her favorite present!  Except she looks too grown up here.
 This is the moment that I was the most excited about.  I had arranged a special surprise for Isabelle.  Her best friend, Amy -moved away a few months ago and she hasn't seen her in person since....well guess who knocked at our door to help share in Isabelle's special day?  It was so amazing to see these wonderful friends together again. :)
 Everyone wanted turns playing the guitar.  Here we see Noah & Little Miss O, doing a dance.
This is one of my favorite photos of the weekend.  Ben just adores Olivia.  Once in awhile she will stay still enough for him to snuggle her.    Next week we celebrate Ben turning the big "5"!!!   This morning I woke up to the most beautiful weather.  It almost feels like fall out there.  Love it.  Mosquitos are evil.  The Garden is practically throwing tomatos at us.  (if you need any, stop by!).  The moon has been extra beautiful lately.  I have so many exciting painting projects on the horizon, I almost want to hyperventilate (but in a good way, not an overwhelming rotten sort of kind of way).  Preparing for an end of the summer vacation , also finishing up school shopping.  I can't believe the time is almost here.  I think it is time though.  The kids are done.  I am done.  Summer can be wrapped up in a nice little box with a bow , cuz I am so excited for fall and what this season has to bring to us!  I am looking forward to hopefully a little more peaceful and settled time at home for all of us.  I am looking forward to the kids learning new things and being with school friends again.  I wish we grew pumpkins in our garden this year, but we didn't.  There truly is nothing like going out to your yard and picking a bunch of pumpkins. hehe.  See, my brain is already swimming in fall thoughts.  I love everything that fall has to offer.  It's just breath taking, crisp, comforting, inspiring....awesome.  I should probably put on some music and start dancing before this day slips away.  Happy Wednesday.  May your moments be filled with super swell stuff. 

No comments: