Tuesday, November 03, 2009

turn that frown upside down.

Welcome November! I do not like the artwork on my calendar for this November (I must admit I was disappointed when I flipped to this month only to see something non-super ((which is ducks...hello wheres the turkey?)).) I am adjusting to the time change pretty decently though.

Some people were asking to see our new rug and Noah's antique lion leather chair. Here are both items in one glorious picture.

These are some Matchbook Paintchip Notebooks in a fall like theme. I made these today in/for my Mosaic group. It was fun to see what designs everyone came up with.

o.k...so I know this looks disqusting. This was our dinner last night: Big Meatball Stew. It was truly excellent. The kids even loved it. Some ingredients include but are not limited to: ginormous meatballs, tomatoes, zucchini, potatoes, carrots, eggplant, mushrooms (yuk), thyme.

I would be lying if I didn't say that I felt like today was quite JUNK on many levels. I won't go into the details of the happenings. The things that happened really hurt, angered, & frustrated me. Let's just say one of the things almost lead me to punch out a very crabby librarian.

I sit here and I think about my challenging encounters today. I realize that I can't always please people, I cannot change or control people, I can't live in a bubble on an island by myself. My attitude is poor, my tolerance and my patience are wading at a very low level lately. It is one of those days that I feel beat up by the world so to say. I actually almost want to cry but cannot really pinpoint why. I just feel tired of so many things. I wish I knew how to handle these feelings and situations better...with grace, strength, and kindness, no matter what is shown or acted toward me. But lately, I just don't have it in me. I don't know which way to turn or how to solve some of these issues. I don't know what I am supposed to learn from some of these things and I don't know what I am supposed to just let go of. So, I will pray. I will pray for answers and compassion, wisdom and wonderful...I will pray for lots of wonderful.

I will end this post with a focus on a few of the very postive things that happened today/recently. The sun came out today. Last night , we saw a giant buck running behind the field/woods behind our house. This is the first "deer" we have seen since moving to town. Every morning our neighbor across the street leaves his newspaper on our doorstep for us and every morning that I see it there waiting, a smile embraces my heart. I have realized that I am approx 16 weeks along now in my pregnancy, that means I am getting there! Pretty soon I will start to feel the baby kick...and I must tell you there is almost nothing more magical on earth. I got many smiles and hugs and notes from misc. friends today...and if that doesn't tell me that maybe I am someone special, I don't know what does. So, here are just a few little miracles and moments that remind me that things are good and that I am blessed. Soon, I will end my day with hugs & kisses from my beautiful family and I will believe that tomorrow will be better. goodnight.

No comments: