Monday, March 03, 2008

March, Annie Dress, No more Bottle

Isabelle's very special gift from me for doing so wonderful with her writing/spelling.
She will not take this Annie Dress Off. It is very difficult for me to get her to change into anything else...I ordered it a little big so she will have it to grow in, but I don't know how long it will last if it is worn everyday all the time. haha

This is a personal project I am working on this month. My friend got the idea from a scrapbooking blog and we are going to try it. It's a tag album book. And you try to fill out a tag everyday for one month. "It's a month in the life." On one side you write a very short story, or tidbit of the day, on the other side you can put a photo or whatever you want. Freedom, no rules. This is the cover of mine and so far I have done march 1 & 2 and I must say that I truly aboslutely love this project, it is so fun! It is not overwhelming or time consuming, yet it lets me be creative and focus on my day/family for a few moments without the pressure of getting a big project done. At the end of the month, I should have a great mini album!

So, finally one of my favorite Months has arrived. The weather has seemed to slightly improved and so have our colds. Our big news is....I made Ben give up the bottle all together. No more bottles. Just sippy cups. He is SO not happy , it is not even funny. It had to be done. He was biting the ends, etc. It was just times. So I made him go cold turkey. He has dranken out of sippy cups before but not him milk, he has always demanded milk from his bottle. It was his comfort, his joy and I ripped it away from him as any good mother may do... He started out by whipping his sippy cups across the room in a rage throwing himself on the ground for a little tantrum ...but times have gotten better in the last couple days...I am glad we persisted through the hard times...because the kid got thirsty, missed his milk and eventually drank it out of the sippy cup.

The other day Isabelle asked me what "marriage" is. I told her it is when two people are stuck together for ever and ever. She asked me if they are stuck with tape or glue? If anyone knows this answer, please pass it on because I am clueless.

Oh man! I just looked out the window, it is snowing again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

COOL BEANS...........

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the snow Cheryl, cause....The sun"LLL"come out Tommorrow.......
Do I smell another greeting card?