Monday, March 17, 2008

That Leprechaun has struck again...

St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time - a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic. ~Adrienne Cook ( I know I have used this quote before, but I just love it!)

This time the Leprechaun turned the milk green and turned Isabelle's underwear green (or so she thought, when I layed out her clothes to wear, including green undewear that were in a pack she has not worn yet...immediately she came to the conclusion that the magic little fellow changed her white underwear to green. The tricky little fellow also left a box of LUCKY CHARMS for the kids. He also visited Isabelle's school....she told me that her class went to church and when they came back to the classroom...everything was tipped over and there was gold (chocolate) everywhere...there were some shoes left behind and a note for the kids. Tonight, we had the traditional corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots and irish soda bread. Today was fun and enchanted. We are not Irish in the slightest, but I sure do feel lucky.

This weekend I went away with some friends to a conference that supports and celebrates the profession of motherhood. This national conference is called Hearts At Home and I found this weekend to be completely inspiring, empowering and truly wonderful. I have been reminded, I have learned and I have shared, I have cried and I have laughed so much. I recommend this event to any mother who has the opportunity to attend. I bought some amazing books written by some of the speakers and I cannot wait to start reading them. I was also introduced to the beautiful music of a Christian singer named Cheri Keaggy who performed at the conference. The first book that I intend on reading is: How to Live with your kids when you've already lost your mind (Ken Davis).

No comments: