Friday, October 12, 2012

Walk into Autumn

 "In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks" - John Muir
 A few days ago, I had a really tough day with the kids.  Just one of those days when you feel like a failed parent and you wonder what the heck you got yourself into placing these little people on the planet.  Well, the next morning (yesterday), I woke up and decided I really needed some alone time (which does not happen too often), so - I went for a walk to our creek and through the woods....I breathed in the amazing crisp air and listened to the birds all around me and flying above my head.  It was so peaceful and so beautiful and so exciting at the same time.  I know it sounds silly, but it truly means the world to me when I slow down and realize all that I have and all that there is around me.  I need to take these little walks more often.  Simple and Beautiful Life.
This is the turkey that Noah harpooned this week.  Yes, we will be eating him on Saturday if anyone would like to join us.  Just a note:  Turkey's still have not returned to our yard...but we did see a buck yesterday morning!  good thing Noah had a coffee mug in his hand.
Here is my babe, strutting her stuff with her confident walk and smile to boot.  I love this little girl.  She is so strong willed that it totally wears me out by the end of the day....but she is such a special monster, and she is mine.  Last night , I was having trouble putting her to bed, so I sent the other kids downstairs and read lots of books with her and stayed right next to her until she mad it to the land of nod.  I left the room realizing, that quite often I don't that extra time with her these days...to read and hug, just the two of us.  I need to do that every day.  Besides, I don't think she will give me a choice. :)  ---- So, I was up around 5:30 this morning and the dogs wanted to go out.  I thought, man I don't want to let them out.  It's so cold and so dark...but I of course, did let them out, bundled up and let them loose and to my surprise the most beautiful night sky awaited above.  Blackness and bright stars all about....a moon that was just awesome.   Normally, I drink coffee in the morning.  Today, I decided to have some apple cinnamon tea with honey.  Good choice, I think.  I think it's going to be a good day.

No comments: