Sunday, March 04, 2012

snow flurries & super suits

As I just begun this post I realized that I don't have any new pics to share so I looked in my recent pic folders and found this one of Ben proudly displaying one of his favorite Sweatshirts (even though it has chicken blood on it...seriously I think I got all the chicken blood out).   Also , as I just begin this post on a quiet Sunday morning, I hear Olivia is awake.  Olivia is saying several new words lately:  Book, weed (read) and baby.  I made a new side dish this week that was surprisingly very good:  Roasted carrots & avocado salad.   I started operation: " clean closets out" this weekend.  Wow, what an overwhelming task.  I should do this more often.  Anyway, there were so many clothes piled on Ben's bed last night that he had to camp out on the floor in his sleeping bag!  I knew starting this would be way overwhelming but obviously has to be done.  The best thing is finding things we forgot about!  It's like getting brand new stuff!  Treasures uncovered!  whoah.  The best part about closet clean out so far is when Ben announced very seriously that he will make a section for his superhero suits!  It is a requirement of his closet.  It put a smile in my heart and reminded me how wonderful it is to have this little boy filled with imagination and creativity.  So all lined up , awaiting Ben's next adventure is:  green lantern, spider man, power ranger, cowboy, batman, super Ben cape,  etc...  /  I introduced the children to one of my favorite childhood movies this weekend and they have watched it several times since:  The Goonies!  Today, we are going to look at some houses in the afternoon.  I am hoping we fall in love with something.  The hardest part is trying to decide if we want to be town mouse or country mouse.  Seriously feeling so torn these days.  Happy Sunday!  Until we meet again...

1 comment:

Sally said...

Oh, I love that jacket!! My boys wore the heck out of those jackets, so I'm really really happy to see Benny Boy wearing it now!! :)