Sunday, January 17, 2010

Amongst the Winter Blanket

As I go about my thoughts & tasks, I look out the window upon the winter blanket and find this beautiful reminder, greeting me. To me it is: a hello from God, saying: I am with you, I am here. Winter tends to get many of us a bit blue after the holidays are gone. The world seems empty, muddy and freezing and it seems it will last for way too long. "Now is the Winter of our Discotent", but we must keep our hearts warm with the knowledge that to everything, there is a season. There is beauty and reason everywhere if we take the time and the mind to look for it. I know that someday, the snow will melt and until then, I must find the treasures that bring me peace, understanding & joy.

If this face doesn't say trouble, I don't know what does. My little boy. Always planning, playing and on the move. I think about how much this little boy brings into my life every day. His discoveries and views of the world...truly amaze me.

CLEMENTINE/cuties - O.k., thank you to my friend who introduced me to these gems! I seriously can't believe I walked this earth for so long without realizing what a SUPER fruit was available to me. This discovery has truly been so grand! These wonderous little oranges are so fun and good. I recommend them to all. We are almost through 2 bags already since Friday.

Here the children watch Shark Boy and Lava Girl.

MISC. RAMBLINGS: Sunday Morning. We should honestly be getting ready for church, but we are in our pajamas, slowly waking up. It's been such a busy week (for winter!) and today I have major cleaning on my agenda. I seriously don't know how the house gets so unorganized and out of control so quickly. I know today should be a day of rest, but who can rest among such chaos? Not I said the Mom. I think pregnancy hormones are kicking in, for I was almost in tears recently when Noah brought home seeded grapes instead of seedless. Also, I am starting to have a hard time sleeping, bending over. etc. I miss wine among other things. The frequent bathroom trips has returned (joy). I am just so thankful that in this house the bathroom is right next to my bedroom verses the last house in which I had to walk down the cold wooden stairs in the dark, across the house (I know totally dramatic I am) to reach the facilities. Seriously, though - it is a blessing! It never fails that there is always and forever at least one toy on my kitchen table (no matter how hard I fight the forces that be). This mroning it is 2 toys, a dinosaur standing on top of spiderman. For those who get: Life:Beautiful Magazine, the new issue is out. Around here we have been attending birthday parties, dance rehearsals and selling cookies. I've realized that I haven't really been taking the time to do the things I enjoy (writing, taking pictures, reading, etc), that my time needs to be better organized and executed. I am starting to get in a small panic as I am realizing that I really have nothing for the new baby...not prepared or ready at all and I know that we have time...but time fleets...so I need to wrap my brain around all the things that we need to be doing and getting done in regards to all aspects of everything. I like to consider myself an organized and productive person, but honestly, it's not enough. I am just not getting things done, not the way I want to anyway. I have let the kids sleep in a tent in their room this weekend and they have been so thrilled. It's the little things I guess sometimes! I wonder what we will make for Sunday Dinner tonight. Maybe we can fit some painting or fun projects into this day somehow. Well, maybe I will take a nap first. Happy Sunday & Embrace the Winter Gifts!

No comments: