Friday, July 27, 2007

rainy

I can't believe that Isabelle will soon (aug. 7th) be four years old!
My little baby girl is growing up so fast!

Big Sister. Little Brother

I haven't updated in a while, so I thought I would today. I really don't have anything of major importance or interest to share, so I will just type and see what prevails. Today: Rainy. Noah watched the kids last night (so I could have a much need night out with my friends) and so today I have a major mess to clean up. He is always so proud of himself, when I get home he tells me what he fed them and what they did, etc. But, like I said: Major mess to clean! This summer has been very low key for us. We have defintely gone the simple, quiet route. Our days have consisted of pool fun, catching fireflies and butterflies, pushpops, sandbox, gardening, evening stroller walks, bon fires, preschool workbooks, lots of reading, movies, visiting friends, etc. The kids are growing like weeds and wildflowers. I won't tell you which one is currently the weed and which one is currently the wildflower...but maybe you can guess. Isabelle is excited about having her first "kids" birthday party. We have been having fun planning that. She insisted on Strawberry Shortcake theme. She can't wait to for everyone to sing happy birhtday to her while she "blows out the little fires on her cake". We are also starting to pick up school supplies...I can't believe it is almost that time already. One of Isabelle's favorite things lately is watching the bats come out in the early evening. She keeps asking me, those arn't the bat's that you hit a ball with right? I must admitt it still kind of freaks me out to see bats...I just cant help to think one will land and turn into a dracula right in front of me. Her favorite current foods are: peanutbutter and honey sandwiches and corn on the cob. The other day Isabelle was laying on the couch and I told her she should go outside and play...and she cried, " I can't go outside, my eyebrows hurt!" Instead of saying good idea, she says: Mom, that's a BIG dea! Instead of saying salami, Isabelle asks for a SLIMY sandwich. Isabelle likes to pretend Ben is her dog...she feeds him the fish from her magnetic fishing pole set. Isabelle also likes to often pretend she is Strawberryshortcake and Ben is Apple Dumpling. The other day I spotted a bunny outside and I told Isabelle to look and she looked (he was still) and she said, : "Maybe he's dead". When Isabelle and I were in the garden recently (picking green beans)..she found a worm..she asked if she could touch it. I said sure. Then she asked if she could tickle it. I said sure. So, she tickled it and kept giggling and saying tickle, tickle, tickle. BEN - wow, this little boy... my mind can't wrap around the fact that he is almost one years old (aug. 15). He is such a character. He is so unebelievably sweet and cuddly and happy. He is also very adventures and BIG trouble! Anything you can think of, he is into! He officially broke a lamp a few weeks ago (pulled it off the table), thank goodness he wasnt hurt. I've baby proofed as much as I can but he still manages to find trouble. He loves to copy and he loves to play peek a boo. He loves pushing any toy with wheels (mostly little people bus) across the room. He loves to put things inside of things (stacking cups) and open and close things. He stands at the toy bin, reaches in and pulls a toy out, inspects it and throws it on the floor and pulls another toy out...till it's empty. He is eating just about anything, doing great. He loves the vegetables from the garden...so that has been so nice (and convienent) to feed him. He has two lower teeth and more are coming. He walks holding on to things, we are just waiting for him to let go. Isabelle and Ben roll around on the floor together tumbling and giggling all the time. They also fight. She tells me, MOM I don't want Benny by me! Mom, I don't want Benny to have this toy! ETC... I love his hair right now. It's long enough where it is starting to curl so sweet. I finished reading: A thousand acres. Didnt like it that much. Started reading: The TIme Traveler's Wife. Not far into it but so far so good. My current favorite tv show is Hell's Kitchen with Gordon Ramsay, but actually I like more, his show Kitchen Nightmares, where he goes into failing restaurants, sees whats not working and helps them change things and succeed. I recently made a new (and easy) impressive dinner that I absolutely love. It is a cranberry pork roast in the crock pot (if anyone wants the recipe, email me). My current favorite song is: Calling All Angels by Jane Siberry. It is old, but I have newly discovered it. I must find it on cd! Well, Isabelle is whining because Ben changed the t.v. channel (and he is stinky, I can smell him from here).....so here we go...another day of adventure....Maybe, I better grab some more coffee first........

No comments: