Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Art & Literature

Project: Friends Board Book. Isabelle LOVES her friends so much and talks about them all the time...I thought of an idea to put her friends pictures in a special book just for her. I took an old board book and sanded it down, I adhered patterned paper to the cover and all the pages. We gathered up a bunch of photos, markers, stickers and stamps. The book was so fun and easy for us to make together. The best part of all is that Isabelle absoultely loves it. She keeps saying how beautiful that it is and telling me thank you thank you thank you. She goes through each page and names her friends and smiles. The biggest challenge of course will be keeping it away from Ben. Above and Below: Snowmen Drawings by Isabelle Claire

I just finished reading: Water For Elephants. I would probably rate it somewhere between worth telling a friend and toast of the town. It was entertaining and interesting to learn about depression era circus life. The story was good, but I must admit there were some parts that I got somewhat bored and skipped ahead a little. Next I will read: The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards. I heard that it is a good tale. I am excited to start.

No comments: